Friday, December 16, 2011

Client Side Mask using af:clientListener and inputText



I just created very simple case of client side mask using af:clientListener and inputText on ADF application. We are using that functionality for unexpected data enter of users.

We can use many other javascript frameworks for that functionality. Ex: JQuery etc…

I described step by step:

1. First I have created javascript file for mask. My application structure shows below:





2. My lazy javascript file. We can use some expression for this.






3. So now I drag and drop af:clientListener from Component Pallete. This clientListener works on keyPress.






4. Final interface shows below. Now we can type only letter and only number on each inputText.





I attached my simple application. SimpleClientSIdeMask

2 comments:

  1. Clear post. I have a inputtext box on tabout from inputtext, the value has to be checked in managed bean and should return "true" (hard coded). Can you pls give me the javascript for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I have a attached some sample code (11.1.2.3.0).
    Have a look. (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6W5lFJ4nofUekowUDNFYjVtTWs/edit?usp=sharing)

    But i don't understand 100 percent your requirements. If you have questions, please ask.

    BR,
    Erdenebayar

    ReplyDelete