Oracle Data Integrator Overview
I need to share my knowledge of Oracle Data Integrator, what I done before.
Currently I’m using two different purposes for Database Integration.
1. Database consolidation
In this time, I’m consolidating about 100 tables from 30 databases in whole country. The following picture shows you overall process of database consolidation.
Also we are consolidating tables to two different type of way.
- Bulk load and insert (Select, Truncate, Insert)
- Get only changed data (CDC – Changed Data Capture)
Because some calculated tables should to use first way. But it is not appropriate for big data. Therefor we are using second way.
The following picture shows concept of Changed Data Capture functionality.
2. Big Table creation
Some specific reports need well transformed table structure. It means, when we are using Oracle Business Intelligence, it is requiring STAR TRANSFORMATION of tables.
Oracle Data Integrator Deployment Overview
Currently we are using following deployment architecture for above scenarios. We recommended using latest version of Oracle Data Integrator, which is 18.104.22.168.0. Because when we were using 22.214.171.124, there is some bug on Changed Data Capture side.
Oracle Data Integration Installation Plan
I just described short installation plan of Oracle Data Integrator on client and server side.
- 1. Install Oracle Database
- 2. Install RCU 126.96.36.199.0 (Oracle Data Integrator module) (Oracle RCU Installation Guide)
- 3. Install JDK 1.6 or higher
- 4. Install Oracle Data Integrator 188.8.131.52.0 (Java EE Agent, ODI Console, Public Web Service etc…)
- 1. Install JDK 1.6 or higher
- 2. Install Oracle Data Integrator 184.108.40.206.0 (ODI Studio)
Thank you for your visit in my short post. :-). If you have an any questions, please comment here.